The National Eligibility cum Entrance Test

NEET full form National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (Undergraduate) (NEET (UG) exam is mainly conducted to fill medical and dental seats in MBBS, BDS and AYUSH colleges in India. 

kurukshetra neet academy in chennai

Who Conducts Neet Exam?
National Testing Agency (NTA) will conduct NEET 2020 on July 26, in pen and paper based mode. NEET application form 2020 has been released on December 2, 2019, and can be filled till December 31.

Eligibility for NEET

National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test conducted in a pen and paper mode in a total of 154 cities across the country. As per the authority, there are some mandatory parameters that an aspirant must fulfil in order to be able to appear in NEET full form National Eligibility cum Entrance Test.

  • If a candidate wants to appear for NEET 2020, the very eligibility for them is to be a citizen of India.
  • Aspirant age must be at least 17 years as or on December 31 of the year of admission.
  • Candidate should have a class 12th graduate with an aggregate mark of 50% with subjects like Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology and English individually.
  • A little leverage has been given to candidates who belong to SC/ST/OBC category as the minimum marks required to obtain by them Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Biotechnology opted together in HSC examination is 40% marks.
  • If a candidate belongs to the General Category, he or she can only apply for NEET 2020 till the age of 25. Further, a relaxation of 5 years has been given to the reserved categories aspirants i.e SC/ST/OBC.

NEET Full Form Exam Pattern

Factors in Exam Pattern


Exam name

NEET full form – National Eligibility cum Entrance Test

Exam Date

September 13, 2020- Postponed

Exam Mode

Pen and Paper-based. (candidates are given an OMR sheet to mark the answers with a black or blue ballpoint pen)

Duration and time

3 hours (2:00 PM to 5:00 PM)


English, Hindi, Assamese, Bengali, Gujarati, Marathi, Tamil, Telugu, Oriya, Kannada and Urdu

Question Type

Multiple Choice Questions (4 Choice)

Total Number of Questions

180 Questions

Exam Sections


45 questions

180 marks


45 questions

180 marks

Biology (Botany and Zoology)

90 questions

360 marks

Total Marks

720 Marks

Every question has equal marks and each correct answer will be awarded +4 marks. Also, there will be 1/4th negative marking

NEET Counselling Process – Final Stage

After getting the scorecard of NEET 2020, candidates can go-ahead for the NEET counseling registration which NTA conducts in three rounds. On the grounds of the marks scored by them in the exam, they will be allotted seats in those three rounds. This process goes on until all the government seats in NEET are filled. The admission to 15% All India Quota seats (AIQ) in government medical colleges will be done by Medical Counselling Committee (MCC) along with Deemed/Central Universities, AFMS and ESIC institutes. While remaining 85% state quota seats will be granted by respective state counselling bodies.

Reservation criteria for 15% AIQ for full form of NEET



Scheduled Caste


Scheduled Tribe


Other Backward Castes


Economically Weaker Section


Persons with Disability (PwD)*



Counseling Authority

Percentage of seats

State-level Counseling



15% (All India Quota)